Automotive lifts to suit every type of workshop
At Automotive Lift Experts, ensuring our customers’ safety is our primary concern. Your car lift was designed and built with safety in mind. However, safety relies on proper installation and training. Prepare for a successful installation by making sure your floor meets specific requirements. We would like to emphasize the following floor requirements for installing 2-Post and 4 post car lifts.
Before installing your car lift, check the following:
• Lift Location: Always use architect’s plans when available. Check layout dimension against floor plan requirements making sure adequate space is available. Your lift
requires a 220v, 30amp, single phase, grounded electrical source. There should be room enough to operate the lift in a safe manner and without restrictions.
• Overhead Area: The area where the lift will be located should be free of overhead obstructions such as heaters, building supports, electrical lines, doors, lights, etc.
• Floor Area: Visually inspect the site where the lift is to be installed and check for cracked or defective concrete.
• A level floor is suggested for proper installation and level lifting. Small differences in floor slopes may be compensated for by proper shimming. If a floor is of questionable slope, consider a survey of the site and/or the possibility of pouring a new level concrete slab.
• New concrete must be adequately cured for at least 30 days.
DO NOT install auto lift on any asphalt surface or any surface other than concrete.
DO NOT install auto lift on expansion seams or on cracked or defective concrete.
DO NOT install auto lift on a second/elevated floor without first consulting building architect.
DO NOT install auto lift outdoors unless special consideration has been made to protect the power unit from inclement weather conditions.
All models MUST be installed on 3,000 PSI reinforced concrete only. Additional concrete requirements will vary by lift.
8,500 lbs – 10,000 lbs lifts: 4″ Minimum Thickness
11,000 lbs – 15,000 lbs lifts: 6″ Minimum Thickness
Specifications of concrete must be adhered to. Failure to do so could cause auto lift failure resulting in personal injury or death. All of our automobile lifts include a manual with floor and concrete specifications . Adhering to these specifications will ensure a safe and successful installation.